People generally want to keep their homes organized, particularly when they have a lot of staff. Storage containers are a crucial part of managing anything, and they’re no different in the kitchen.
If you want to keep your food fresh and make cooking easier, then it might be time to upgrade your storage container game.
There are a lot of ways to organize storage containers. You can categorize them by the contents or use different colors for each type of container. What works best is what’s most accessible and most convenient for you!
In this article, we will discuss some simple tips on how to organize storage containers quickly and efficiently. We will also cover some helpful tips for managing your storage container and a few frequently asked questions.
Why Need Food Storage Containers Organized?
As we all know, the kitchen is the heart of every home. It is where we cook our food, share meals with our loved ones, and store our leftovers.
When your kitchen is cluttered, it can be challenging to focus on cooking and making a delicious meal. A cluttered kitchen can lead to poor eating habits and even health problems.
That’s why it’s so important to organize your food storage containers. When they’re neatly organized, you’ll be able to find what you need when you need it. This will make cooking easier and faster, which means you’ll have more time to enjoy your meal.
How to Organize Storage Containers in Practical Ways?
You’ve probably seen those organizing videos on social media where everything is in its place, and the room looks so neat and tidy. But you don’t know where to start or what products to buy.
Following are a few easy ways to organize your storage container in a short period:
01. Use Food Storage Container Pull-Out Drawer:
This is the perfect way to organize your home. All of your food storage containers will be in one place and easy to access. The best part is that you can see all of your plastic containers and glass containers at once, so you can quickly grab what you need.
02. Use Cabinet Door Rack:
This is perfect for small kitchen cabinets with limited space. The cabinet door rack can hold a lot of different-sized containers and can be easily accessed. Plus, it’s a great way to save counter space.
03. Use Vertical Shelf:
This is a great way to use all the vertical space in your cabinet. It can hold a lot of different-sized containers and can be easily accessed. Moreover, it takes up very little counter space.
04. Use Drawer Dividers:
This is perfect for organizing your drawers. You can separate your spoons from your forks or your measuring cups from your baking dishes. This will make finding what you need a lot easier for mismatched containers.
05. Use Labels:
Labels are a great way to keep track of each container. You can use different colors for each category or use labels that are specific to your needs.
06. Use Tupperware Lid Organizer:
Tupperware containers are a great way to store food, but the lids can be hard to organize. A Tupperware lid organizer is perfect for solving this problem of matching lid. It can hold a lot of different-sized smaller Tupperware containers lids and can be easily accessed.
07. Stack Matching Containers on Top of Each Other:
This is a great way to save space. You can stack containers of the same size and shape on top of each other. Just make sure that you have a place for storing lids!
08. Use Cabinet Turntable:
This is a great way to see all your food storage containers at once. The cabinet turntable can hold a lot of different-sized containers and can be easily accessed.
09. Organize Lids Vertically With a Plate or Dish Drying Rack:
This is a great way to organize your separate lids. You can either use a plate rack or dish drying rack that is specifically designed for this purpose, or you can use tension rods and some hooks.
10. Create an Over-the-Door Storage Container:
An over-the-door storage container is perfect for storing small items. You can hang it on the back of your door or on a closet door. This is a great way to free up counter space and cabinet space.
11. Slide in an Under-Shelf Storage Basket:
An under-shelf storage basket is a great way to store small items. You can slide it in and out of your cabinet so you can quickly get to what you need. Additionally, this is a great way to keep your counter space clear.
12. Use an Oversized Basket to Corral Lids and Containers:
A large bin is a great way to corral your food storage lids or containers. You can put all of your food store lids in one bin or all of your food storage containers in another bin. This is a great way to keep everything together and organized.
These are easy ways to organize food storage containers in your home. By using one or more of these methods, you will find what you need quickly and easily. And your kitchen will be looking neat and tidy in no time!
Quick Tips for Organizing Your Storage Container When in Hurry
Organizing your food storage container can be a daunting task when you are in a hurry. It can be downright frustrating. But, with a little bit of thought and creativity, you can have everything organized in a short time.
These 14 inexpensive storage solution tips will help you quickly and easily organize your Tupperware and all your food containers when you’re short on time.
01. Set a Cabinet Just for Tupperware: This will help you to easily know where to put your Tupperware when it’s not in use. It will also keep it from taking up space in other cabinets.
02. Organize Similar Containers Together: Organize your plastic containers by size and shape. This will make finding the correct food storage container for your needs easier.
03. Invest in Stackable Containers: These containers are a great way to save space. You can stack them on top of each other, and they take up very little counter space.
04. Hang Tupperware Storage Baskets Under the Shelf: This is a great way to keep your Tupperware. The baskets can hold a lot of different-sized plastic containers, and they are easy to get to.
05. Add Extra Shelves to Your Cupboard: This is a great way to add storage space to your cupboard. You can use it for Tupperware or any other item that takes up a lot of space.
06. Pull-out Drawers for Deep Cabinets: If you have a deep cabinet, the chances are that you don’t have enough space to keep your Tupperware. A pull-out drawer is a perfect solution. It will give you extra storage space and make it easy to get to your food storage containers.
07. Get a Tupperware Pegboard or Make one: This is a great way to organize your Tupperware. You can hang your containers on the pegboard, and they will be easy to see and access.
08. Organize Your Drawer With Dividers: This is a great way to organize your Tupperware drawer. You can use drawer dividers to separate the different-sized containers.
09. Don’t Store Containers With Lids On: This can be challenging when you are short on time. But, if you can, try to keep your containers without their lids. This will make it easier to find the right lid for the right container.
10. Put the Lids in a Large Container: A large container is a great way to corral your lids. You can put all of your food storage lids in one bin or all of your containers in another bin. This is a great way to keep everything together and organized.
11. Use Dish Drying Racks and Plate Racks: Dish drying racks and plate racks are a great way to organize your food storage containers. You can place them in the dish dry rack or the plate rack. This is a great way to free up counter space and cabinet space.
12. Use the door to save shelf space: The door is a great place to store your Tupperware. You can hang storage baskets on the door or use a holder that attaches to the door.
13. Use color-code: This is a great way to find the right container easily. You can use different colors for each size or shape of the container.
14. Make a list: This is a great way to track what you have and what you need. A list can help you to stay organized and avoid buying duplicates.
How to Use Color Code for Organize Storage Containers
Organizing your storage containers by the method of color code is one of the most popular ways to do it. This is because it is an easy system that does not require a lot of thought.
Here are a few steps on how to use color code for organizing your storage containers:
- Choose the colors that you want to use for your system.
- Assign a color to each shape or size of the container.
- Label each container with the appropriate color.
- Store your containers in an easily accessible place.
- When looking for a specific container, look for the corresponding color on the label.
- If you have a lot of food storage containers, use a color chart to keep track of the colors and their corresponding shapes or sizes.
- Use different colors for each member of your household. This will prevent confusion on who owns which container.
- Store your extra supplies in a container that matches the color of the container you are using. This is a great way to keep your extra supplies organized and easy to find.
The great thing about color coding is that it is straightforward to follow. You can also customize it to fit your needs.
If you have a lot of containers, you may want to use a color chart to keep track of the colors and their corresponding shapes or sizes. This will make it easier to find the right container.
Let’s talk about some common frequently asked questions for added information:
01. How Do You Organize Storage Totes?
You can organize storage totes by using clear containers, recycling egg cartons, making the most of hooks, investing in pegboard shelving, and utilizing wire shelving.
02. How Do You Hide Storage Bins in Plain Sight?
You can use a storage bench or ottoman with hidden storage, buy furniture with hidden storage, or get creative with your decor.
03. How Do You Store Tupperware Lids?
You can store Tupperware lids in various ways, such as using a lid holder, stacking them in a basket, or using a large container.
04. How Do You Organize Plastic Containers?
You can organize plastic food storage containers by using a color-coding system, label them with a sticker or marker, and store them in an easily accessible place.
Food storage containers can be sorted according to color, size, or type. It’s easy to find what you need when you need it if you have a system. A neat storage area will be easier to clean, too, if everything has its place.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re a neatnik or more of a “throw it all in and hope for the best” type. You can all benefit from the organization. And what better way to organize your things than with storage containers?
So, there you go. Everything you need to know about how to organize storage containers: happy organizing!