Dremel is one of the most versatile and reliable tools for metal cutting; it has a very wide range of applications in this area. The dremel rotary tools are revolutionary products made by Creative Homeowner.
The Dremel cutting wheel is an accessory for rotary dremel tools that was designed to cut easily through all sorts of metal. You can use it on thin and delicate materials such as sheet metal, bimetallics, steel, aluminum or stainless steel as well as on tough materials like copper pipe, nails and cast iron.
In this article, we will be reviewing the top Dremel cutting wheels for metal so that you know which one to invest in.
Kuenuilr Cutting Wheel Set 36pcs
Dremel EZ456B- 12 pieces
YEEZUGO 10 pcs for Dremel
Top 5 Dremel Cutting Wheel for Metal
Choosing the best cutting wheel for your dremel tool will depend on what material you’re cutting and your application. Dremel cutting wheels come in different shapes, sizes, hardnesses, and lengths for metal cutting on various surfaces.
For example, if you are cutting steel, you may need a larger wheel diameter with a high-performance blade to get a good cut. Your job might be more precise and require a smaller wheel diameter with a standard blade.
These are some of the products hand picked by us which will save you the hassle of choosing from a plethora of products and guide you in the right direction.
1. Kuenuilr Cutting Wheel Set 36pcs
Kuenuilr is a maker of cut off wheels of all sorts for metal, wood, plastics, gemstones and glass.
They offer a wide selection from circular saw blades to diamond cut off wheels with varying diameters.
Kuenuilr Cutting Wheel Set is a pack of cut off wheels and saw blades.
The set includes 2 screwdrivers and 6 mandrels that are compatible with most power drills. The whole package weighs 145g.
This cut off wheels set provides the best solution for your needs – they come with three different types of blades which can be switched out depending on the type of material you’re working with.
All the products are made with high-quality materials and designed to last.
- Kuenuilr is a maker of cutting wheels of all sorts for metal, wood, plastics, gemstones and glass.
- Kuenuilr Cutting Wheel Set is a pack of cutting wheels and saw blades.
- There are 36pcs of cutting wheels for rotary drills with 20pcs of resin cut off discs with an outer diameter of 32mm.
- You also get 10pcs diamond cutting wheels which have an outer diameter of 22mm and an inner diameter of 3mm.
- The set includes 2 screwdrivers and 6 mandrels that are compatible with most power hand tools.
2. Dremel EZ456B- 12 pieces
Dremel EZ456B is the perfect wheel for cutting metal. It’s a reinforced wheel with fiberglass providing enhanced strength to engrave and snip into a wide range of metals, such as hardened steel. Dremel ez lock rotary tool is perfect to cut or slot things like rivets, studs, metal plates, sheet timber, porcelain, and PVC.
The Dremel EZ456B is a pack of 12 fiberglass reinforced cutting wheels engineered to endure 2 times the life when in comparison to their standard counterparts. This pack of 4 reinforced cut-off wheels are great for making cuts in metal. They make 2X more cuts than their regular counterparts.
Use with the Dremel EZ402 Mandrel and 5 wheels per pack. This novel product is equipped with the proprietary EZ Lock technology, which makes adding components 6X less time-consuming by removing the necessity for screws and screwdrivers.
The EZ456B can also be used for slotting stripped bolts or screws.
The Dremel cut-off wheel is housed in a cartridge for quick accessory changes, making the Dremel EZ456B very popular in metal working and construction environments.
- Easy to cut or slot things like rivets, studs, metal plates, sheet timber, porcelain, and PVC.
- Makes 2X more cuts than other standard cut-off wheels.
- Designed with the proprietary EZ Lock system that makes changes 6X faster by eliminating the need for a screw and screwdriver.
- Can be used for slotting rusted or stripped bolts and screws.
3. Winzwon Rotary Tool Accessories Set 42 Pcs
The Winzwon Rotary Tool Accessories Cutting Wheels Set replaces various cutting wheels for different materials which may be harmed by distinctive toolsets.
This saves cash on operating on the machine and makes it more advantageous when contrasted with sharpening or utilizing diverse attachments to accomplish your task.
These cut off wheels are easy to install and replace.
It also offers an exceptional cut as opposed to old-fashioned techniques like sawing or using a traditional blade making it time-saving and more efficient.
These replacements fit most drills as good as the original.
The Winzwon Rotary Tool Accessories Cutting Wheels Set was constructed with high-quality materials, diamond particles and fiberglass reinforced to ensure long-lasting performance.
The cutting wheel set comprises of 15 diamond cutting disks along with 1/8” shanks(2 pcs), HSS cutting saw blade disks(6 pcs) that will fit 1/4” shank(1pcs) & 1/8” shank (1 pc), ABS cut-off wheels(15 pcs) attached to 1/8” mandrels (2pcs).
The diamond cutting discs are ideal for cutting gemstones, crystals, and porcelain.
The heavy-duty cutoff wheel is excellent for sawing and slotting all types of metallic materials as well as wood, PVC, and porcelain.
These cutting wheel sets for rotary tools are simple to assemble and change.
- The Winzwon Rotary Tool Accessories Cutting Disc Set replaces various cutting discs for different materials which may be harmed by distinctive toolsets.
- This saves cash on operating on rotary tools and makes it more advantageous when contrasted with sharpening or utilizing diverse attachments to accomplish your task.
- The cutting wheel set is easy to install and replace. Furthermore, it is more efficient and time-saving than traditional methods such as sawing or using a blade.
- Almost all rotary tools can be replaced with these.
- A high quality steel, diamond powder, and fiberglass reinforced cutting wheel was used in the Winzwon Rotary Tool Accessories Cutting Wheels Set.
- This diamond cutting wheel set has 15 diamond cutting disks, 6 HSS cutting saw blade discs, and 15 resin cut-off wheels.
4. YEEZUGO 10 pcs for Dremel
The YEEZUGO 10 pcs Diamond Cutting Wheel is made of high quality carbon steel material, making it long lasting and durable.
The cut off wheels are coated with dual sided to make it more resistant against heat.This can be used on most air tool rotary tools and also on various materials.
It has a 22mm diameter which makes it excellent for carving thin wood, gems, glass, ceramics, terracotta, iron, granite, copper and aluminium . With breathing holes on the cutting discs, debris and heat is removed while using.
All you need to do is drill a hole in the item, slot it in & then use your air tool for quick cutting. Overall speaking, this product can be used to cut bolts, thin wood, plastic, metal, tile(s), marble and stone.
This product is a very good option for users who are looking to buy an affordable, high quality cutting wheel manufactured with hardened steel.
It comes with 2 mandrels which makes it great for most of the air tool rotary tools such as Dremel.
The YEEZUGO Diamond Cutting Wheel (10 Pack) is a top quality merchandise and can be used for various materials.
It is great to find such an affordable product which will help you create your projects in a faster and more efficient way.
- High quality carbon steel material
- Coating on the cutting discs (dual sided)
- The 22mm diameter makes it ideal for cutting gems, glass, porcelain, tiles, carbide, rocks, aluminum and copper.
- Is a very good option for users who are looking to buy an affordable, high quality cutting wheel.
5. GOXAWEE 1/8’’ Shank 545 – 53Pcs
Goxawee cutting discs provide three types of wheels for cutting: diamond cutting discs wheels, HSS cutting saw blades and resin cutting discs.
The resin cut-off wheels are ideal for metal cutting including hardened steel, iron and aluminum.
Small slit, high precision and high strength make it perfect for the purpose of DIYers.
This cut off wheels set is made for various metallic materials, delicate metals, aluminum. Diamond cutting discs for granite, porcelain, crystal and precious stones and HSS blades for timber, polymer and polyvinyl chloride tubes.
It can meet different needs of DIY enthusiasts and newbies are introduced to the dremel power tool with this pack.
The discs are constructed from materials of the highest quality with excellent performance and excellent cutting ability.
It can suit the DIY needs of hobbyists, and newbies are introduced to the dremel power tool with this pack.
It is ideal for rotary tool’s beginners to learn how to use different wheels in DIY projects.
The cutting discs are compatible with most power sanders, and power tools & air drills, and it is easy to swap them out quickly.
- There are three types of wheels for cutting: diamond, HSS and resin
- Resin cutting discs can be used for metal cutting, including hardened steel and aluminum.
- Diamond cutting discs are designed with heat emission holes for cutting stone, such as gemstones, glass, ceramics, porcelain, tiles and jade.
- HSS cutting saw blades are widely used for cutting wood, PVC and soft metal.
- High quality, high precision and long lasting.
- Wide range of use and long life.
Factors to Consider When Buying Dremel Cutting Wheel for Metal:
Diameter of the Wheel
The most important factor to consider when buying a Dremel cutting wheel is the diameter. The larger the diameter, the greater amount of material it will cut in every revolution.
However, it will also take more power from your tool and may get you less accurate work than a smaller diameter wheel.
Material You are Cutting
Dremel cutting wheels are available in a variety of materials, each one designed to cut specific metals.
For example, the carbon steel model is very suitable for softer metals such as copper and aluminum while the tungsten model excels at hard metals such as steel, brass and nickel-plated metals.
The Dremel cutting wheel is capable of working with metal sheets ranging from 16 gauge to 6 gauge (16 Gauge is 1.6mm thick).
For most applications 2/0 gauge or thinner are usually good for sawing and boring while 3/0 gauge to 4/0 gauge are good for sawing, piercing and slotting.
However, the Dremel cutting wheel can also be used on thicker than 6 gauge metals provided that you take extra precaution and put protective gears.
Grade of the Cutting Wheel
The Dremel cutting wheels are graded as Tungsten Carbide and Tourmaline. They each have their own respective applications and the user should choose a wheel according to his or her needs.
In general, the Dremel carbon steel model is more suited for softer metals such as copper while the tungsten carbide model is good for harder metals such as steel.
Amount of Production
If you are cutting a lot, then it’s best to use a bonded blade. This is more expensive than the other blades, but it lasts longer and cuts better. It’s great for dealing with stainless steel or hard iron.
When you use this type of blade, you won’t have to worry about your blade getting dull real fast because this one will stay sharp for a while. The only downside is that they don’t cut as fast as the other types of blades.
Possibly a Good Match: Bush Hog Blades: How to Sharpen Them?
Advantages of using Dremel Cutting Wheel for Metal
- It can easily cut through metal or any other material by providing a faster and more efficient solution than hand saws.
- Obtains quality results on difficult shapes by producing a high-quality cut with the precision that is needed to complete most metal projects.
- Provides an affordable solution for metal cutting, so there is no need to hire a professional or purchase a large power tool.
- By using more than one Dremel Cutting Wheel at a time, you can produce efficient results.
- It is ideal for people who want to begin woodworking projects but do not want to invest in expensive machinery.
- It is a compact and portable solution to cutting through any metal surface.
- Dremel tools are available in different sizes, diameters, and shapes for personalization of each project’s needs.
What is Dremel?
A Dremel is a saw that is used to fire smaller projects. It is recommended for people who are looking for alternatives to a traditional electric saw. You can use it on metal, fiberglass, plastic, and wood.
How Does a Dremel Work?
A Dremel is a portable, hand-held power tool that is battery or cable powered. This tool has an accessory that allows you to use the device with a rotary cutting attachment. All you have to do is attach the wheel then it spins at a very high speed, this will cut through most materials.
What is the Proper Way to Use a Dremel Cutting Wheel for Metal?
It can’t take too long to attach a grinding wheel to your Dremel. If you accidentally cut your hand on the part, then it will get badly cut. Be careful when doing this.
Once you have the correct attachment, check that all of the teeth are facing up. You should also keep your fingers away from the wheel while you’re working.
Can I Put a Dremel Cutting Wheel in My Drill Press to Cut Metal on a Table Saw?
As long as it’s on the Dremel, you can cut metal with a grinding wheel, but a drill press will make it easier to use. Before you attach the drill press to the Dremel, make sure you attach the cutting wheel. It will hold your Dremel steady and keep it from vibrating while you’re cutting.
Can You Use It on Other Materials Like Wood or Plastic?
Cutting wheels with a backing or coating of silicon carbide, garnet, aluminium oxide, or diamond can be used for cutting material other than metal.
You can’t always find the best Dremel Cutting Wheel by finding one that has a high ranking. You will need to find many different cut off wheels and test them out to find the perfect one that suits your needs.
Try testing different diameter, grit size, and shapes to find the perfect one that will fit your project. After finding a Dremel Cutting wheel you think is the best you can read reviews from other consumers to compare your results.
Hope this article satisfies your queries in your search for the perfect dremel cutting wheel for your project.