House framing is the skeleton of a house. It helps to make the construction strong. A perfect structure provides support to the house, even all other necessary support to a home. Without a solid frame, other perfect things of a house will not last long. The granite countertops will fall out of level.
The basis of modern stud-wall framing is still the same as 25 years earlier. Though the tools and materials have changed a bit, these things do not ensure house framing security. The stronger the house framing, the better the house will be.
House framing also depends on the type of frame. As per various kinds, every house framing requires a certain way of framing. Some houses have curved framing. Curved structure adds some extraordinary design and looks of a house.
You may have a stylish curved house framing while building your own home. Curved rafters include three various categories, among which you can choose to mind.
What is a Curved Roof
A curved roof is a particular way of roofing a house. This method is a bit different than other types of house roof. The curved top is more designing, and it focuses more on aesthetics than durability.
You may want to have a curved roof of your house for its beautiful outlook and stylish design. This roof was started seen from the 1920s. People started making this style for maximizing the space in lofts.
Curved roof construction is made without any supportive sidewalls. It becomes popular after 1945. In this modern era, this architecture of roofs is more popular.
Steps to follow
• First of all, choose a design of curved roof for your house based on foundation, place and budget. Then, think of the design and draw it the way you want to design the roof. Once, you are done with designing, consider the tools and boards sizes you need to buy for this job. You have to follow the structural integrity to get the desirable curved roof.
• Next step will be to draw the design on the boards. Transfer the design you choose for a curved roof, on the board. Make a perfect curvature laid out, draw another curve on the board for having edges for cutting the board.
• Done withdrawing on the board, now It’s time to start cutting the board. While cutting, don’t forget to cut a little on the big side. This will help to sand out the wood’s roughness and make some minor needed corrections with the sandpaper. Cut the board smoothly and get the correct size and shape.
• After you get all the cutting and sanding done, treat the woods before assembly. Then stuck the framing into the curved roof. Make sure that it stays properly to the roof according to the design and structure.
Some tips for house framing
- Use the correct nails for framing. Figure out the right size, shape, length, girth nails you will need for the project.
- Stuck the nail in the proper position into the wood . Do not overdrive.
- Consider the space resistance while curving and framing the roof. Keep sufficient space for joists, studs as it is important to keep 16 inches of space for solid support to the panel.
- Dry woods work best for this kind of works. Use dry woods such as “S-dry” for best design and support.
- At the time of working, keep the woods and board at a dry place.
Advantage of Curved Roof
• Curved roofs are like a treat to your eyes. Many amazing and fancy tower has been made in this way. They are interesting to look at, amazing views, wonderful design. They have a modern touch of art and architecture. Apart from commercial buildings, nowadays, many house owners also desire to build a curved roof house.
• Curved roofs are simple and easy to maintain. Their features similar to the standard shed roof. They really require low maintenance. Curved roofs are also wind-resistance due to their round structure.
• In these days, when global warming is a burning issue, curved roofs contribute to maintaining an eco-friendly environment. It helps to reduce the harmful CO2 emission from the air. As a matter of Its eco-friendly nature, curved roofs are in great demand.
The disadvantage of Curved Roof
• Curved roofs are required to be built by experts. Materials, tools, design, everything have to be perfect for this type of roof. You have to be careful while designing the roof as it is quite an expert job. The roofs need to get intended by experts due to its maximum comfort and efficiency. If you are not an expert, make a few trials before making the final design of the roof.
• This project also requires a huge budget, depending on the roof designs. Making cost depends on many factors such as the design of the roof, materials, area of the roof and many more. Therefore, have a sufficient budget for this job.
Framing is an art that completes the whole procedure of making a building. A strong framing is like the backbone of a building. Do follow these instructions and get a perfectly designed curved roof framing.